Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wow. Last night at AFTRDRK was the shit. GUNS and BOMBS errrrr Johnny Love killed it. Big ups for playing "It Doesn't Matter". Anyway....I've got some new remixes to share....one i'm keeping to myself for a while and one i'm sharing with you.....

OK so, explaination.....I HATE "Groove is in the heart" with a fucking passsion.....but recently, when a douchy DJ was spinning I realized how infectious the breaks, bongos and bits and pieces are. So, I've recontructed it in my own fashion for, hopefully, some dance floor enjoyment.

Tell me what you think:

Deelite "Groove is in the Heart" (Shaun Slaughter ReEdit)
http://download.yousendit.com/D4621C0E70828FFD

2 comments:

SFB said...

I gave it a listen, and right when I thought you were mashing it up a bit too much, jumping around, and not letting it run, you let it go for a bit. It works! I'll give it a spin out here in Japan and see how people react. My assumption is that you've left enough of the original bits, that they'll hoot and holler with nostaligic memories, yet cut up the rug as if it were new. Let's c. Good work!

ilovewhat said...

Hey SS, just come across your blog page for the first time (its 5.30am and I really should be sleeping). Really like your edit of Dee-lite! Would love to get hold of some of your other tunes but they've all expired. A lot of blog sites use zshare and files seem to stay there much longer, would you be tempted to use it too? If not do you think you'll be re-posting at any point soon?

Would certainly love to hear your other stuff!

Marshall

ganjafinger@hotmail.com